Visualise Your Success
Do you have bad memories from previous presentations? Does this make you feel uncomfortable about future presentations? Maybe it totally blocks you from speaking in public?
This has happened to a lot of my clients. Maybe from bad memories at school where a teacher or classmates made fun of them. Or a work presentation where they totally panicked and performed badly.
Here’s the tool I share with my clients to help them regain confidence in themselves:
- Take a moment to sit calmly, undisturbed by outside distractions
- Close your eyes & imagine yourself in a place where you feel really relaxed
- Think back to a time when you did something really well & you felt confident in yourself
- Think ahead to your future presentation and integrate all those feelings of confidence into the image.
- Visualise yourself looking, sounding and feeling really confident & sure of yourself.
- Then, visualise yourself just after you’ve given your successful presentation
If you don’t do this, you’ll probably continue feel uncomfortable before your presentations & you might not give the best of yourself. You’ll still have the bad memories from the past.
However, if you do this positive visualisation exercise several times before your next public speaking event, your brain will retain a good memory and you’ll be in a positive frame of mind. You’ll be able to perform to your full potential in your next presentation.
As a certified hypnotherapist, I use a lot of hypnosis and guided visualisation exercise with my clients.
Please feel free to reach out to learn more about my specific coaching approach, helping you to feel confident and comfortable each time you need to communicate with impact.